Hello readers! I've got a special treat for you today. Christine Ashworth, author of Demon Soul, is here with a guest post. Welcome, Christine! :)
Meghan, thanks for having me visit your blog! I’m in a bit of a flurry right now, what with my debut book DEMON SOUL coming out any day now, and with the Romantic Times convention happening this week. It’s my first one, so I’m excited! I’ve got the perfect dress and mask and faery wings for the Venetian Masquerade Faery Ball, and a super dress for the Hollywood Glamor night…I just can’t figure out what to wear to the Vampire Ball, though…the theme this year is Zombie Strippers from Plan 9! Any ideas for me?
Being a debut author has been such a ride. I’ve been writing since 2001, and have over ten novels under my belt…this is my first sale and boy, the journey’s been so much fun!
First, the incredible high that came with someone actually wanting my book. Really? Wow! Nice! Then of course came the hard part – revisions. When an editor tells you to change something, you do – and you make it work. Unless you really can’t make yourself change it, and then you have discussions with your editor. But I will say I did my best to make every change asked for, especially when she was so totally right. Everything, from getting the cover to getting the final pdf file of the book – I learned so much. Next time will be easier, I’m sure!
In digital publishing, the wait time isn’t a matter of years as it can be in traditional publishing. From offer to first availability, it was just about six months! (DEMON SOUL is available currently for the Kindle at Amazon.com, but will be widely available soon). That gave me enough time to get my ducks in a row as far as marketing goes. I’m lucky to have RT to go to as well, as that will give me the opportunity to meet readers and sell some books.
Blogging will be my focus for the month of April, and doing giveaways too. And then I’ll crawl back into my writer’s cave and get the second book in the Caine Brothers series written because, you know, that’s my job! Feel free to drop by my website at http://christine-ashworth.com/ or follow me on twitter @CCAshworth
If you’d like to win a copy of DEMON SOUL, please leave a comment, below, and thanks for spending time with me!
BLURB:
Gabriel Caine stands on the edge of the abyss. A vampire has stolen his soul and if he doesn’t get it back soon, his next step will be into Hell.
Rose Walters has been sent back from the dead to complete one task – save Gabriel Caine. But this strong hunk of male doesn’t look like he needs anyone’s help.
Rose has touched the whole of Gabriel, making him yearn for a love he believes he can never have. Her willingness to put her human life on the line for him forces him to bring all three parts of himself – demon, human, and Fae bloodlines, and the traps and strengths of each – into harmony, and into the fight that will determine their fate.
BUY LINK: http://www.amazon.com/Demon-Soul-ebook/dp/B004USLO6W
Thanks for stopping by Christine. Best of luck on your debut novel! :)
Readers, you have until Friday at 4 pm (EST) to leave a comment to be entered to win a copy of Demon Soul. Good luck to everyone!
'Till next time...

6 comments:
Congratulations on your success!
Pegeen
The one thing I wish I had done was have more manuscripts under my belt when I first published. It's a mad race to keep up once you're in. Having a few books already written would've made it less stressful.
Congrats, Christine!
I completely understand Christine, and congrats again!! I'm in that same race too with Past Her Time. We've both had this journey together for a while through LARA, and again, I'm so thrilled for you. You've been encouraging to a lot of us.
Thanks, Pegeen!
Maria, I feel very lucky to have been passed over for so long...and yet I'm still feeling kind of stressed, I do admit!
Melissa my dear, I'm so happy for your successes - and I know you will have many more! If there's ever anything I can do for you, let me know.
Cheers everyone!
Hey Christine,
Wonderful job! And my goodness; 10 books! I hope you relish every second of this. It's well deserved. Can't wait to read it!
Christine Collier
Christine - congratulations on your book launch! What an exciting ride.
Post a Comment