Being new to the writing biz, I'm always interested in learning more. I love when I find a website or blog that teaches me something new, or a site where writers can get together and share their knowledge. I've recently joined 3 writer's community sites that I really enjoy, so I figured I'd give them a plug here (even though I only have 5 blog followers at the moment, but hopefully more people will stumble upon this entry eventually). Check them out, one (or all!) of them might be just what you've been looking for...
1) Savvy Authors
This site deals mostly with the romance genre, but there's plenty of good information for everyone. There are blogs posted by authors with tips and advice. They also offer a ton of workshops that will be going on over the next few months and most are free for members (membership is $30/year). I am a member and I enjoy their perks, but there's plenty you can do on their site for free as well.
2) Inkwell
I only joined this site a few days ago, but it seems to have a lot going on. There are a ton of conversations going on, and many different forums (YA, paranormal, picture books, etc). to choose from.
3) SFR Brigade
That's Science Fiction Romance, which is probably how I'd categorize my WIP. This is a very new group and they're hoping to carve a niche in the SF writing world. If you're into sci-fi and/or romance, definitely check them out.
4) Writer's Digest Community
OK, this one isn't new, but I figured I'd put it out there anyway. Like Inkwell, there are different forums and blogs full of useful information. It's definitely worth a look
Well "Lost" is on now so I've gotta split, but I hope you give these sites a try. If you do check them out, please leave me a comment and let me know what you think. Until next time!
No comments:
Post a Comment