When I was in my plot obsession mode a month or two ago, I came across something (online) called the Prescription for Plotting workbook. I thought it sounded great and I wanted to purchase it. When I saw the price (which is quite reasonable, but unfortunately I am eternally broke), I sent an email to the woman (Carolyn Greene) who created the workbook, asking her if it could be purchased in .pdf form for a lower price. She replied and asked me for my mailing address so I gave it to her.
A few days later, I received a package in the mail. Carolyn had sent me a plot workbook as a gift! I was so surprised; I’m not used to such generosity from complete strangers. I felt a little strange accepting something without giving anything in return, so I sent her $10 by paypal. I also told her that I was going to blog about her kindness, in the hopes that maybe someone out there who needs some plot help might find out about her workbook and realize it’s the perfect thing for them!
The workbook consists of a 3-ring binder that holds a folder, a spiral notebook, a pencil case with a pencil and post-its, and plotting worksheets. (More info is available on her site, so please go check it out.) I’ve only skimmed through the workbook as of yet because I had a busy weekend, but there is some great stuff on Carolyn’s plotting sheets! She really knows what she’s talking about!
If you need some help with plotting, or know anyone else who does, I highly recommend the Prescription for Plotting workbook. You can make copies of her worksheets so that you can use it for each and every story you write. If you'd like to pass this story along, please feel free to do so. I am very grateful to Carolyn for giving me something that she obviously put a lot of time and hard work into.
One last thing – how am I doing without my laptop? Eh, not so good. I managed to write almost 1,400 words on Thursday and over 700 on Friday... but that was at work (I love slow days lol!). I got just about nothing accomplished this weekend, except I did start reading “Contact” by Susan Grant because it’s a paranormal romance, and I know you’re supposed to read as many books as possible in the genre you’re writing in. I like it a lot so far, 2 thumbs up. But let’s hope I get my laptop back soon, preferably by Friday or Saturday!
That’s all for now, hope everyone had a nice weekend (& I hope Friday gets here before we know it!)!
1 comment:
How incredibly kind! Things like this usually make me tear up...I'm such a leaky woman, hahaha
Post a Comment