Thursday, August 5

Blog Overhaul!

I've been gone for a while, and I see I haven't been missed very much lol  ;-)

While I was away, some interesting (*cough*not really) things happened - I got let go from my job, managed to get strep throat, went to RWA Nationals (while still getting over strep), and most recently came down with a bad summer cold!  Needless to say, the last few weeks haven't been so great for me.

Moving on though, I have decided to give in and really work on this blogging/twitter/platform nonsense experience.  I'm reading a fabulous ebook about social marketing by Kristen Lamb called We Are Not Alone.  It's extremely helpful and easy to understand, I highly advise checking it out (& for $7.99 how can you not!).  I'm also going to be participating in the Book Bloggers and Authors Online Conference this weekend.  Basically it deals with online promotion and how to make it work for you.  (You'll get a better explanation of it by clicking on the link lol.)

I will be working on fixing up my blog - as well as possibly setting up an actual website - in the days and weeks to come.  I look forward to seeing what you'll think once it's finished.  If you're also in a platform predicament, definitely check out my links above.  See ya'll soon!  :)

2 comments:

Terry Stonecrop said...

Hi Meghan, Nice blog! It is hard to keep up with the social media nons, um, stuff:)

I get Kristen's newsletter. I think I'll pick up her book, too.

Thanks for stopping by my blog. My MC joined Twitter. He (I) has no idea what to do with it. I see you're on Twitter so he can follow you, maybe learn something.

I hope things are improving for you. Bad things always seem to come in droves.

Meghan S. said...

I only just saw your comment now (8/25). Blogging is not my strong point as you can see! I am on twitter ALL the time tho! :)