Wednesday, February 10

Snowed in (or why I hate New York)

Every winter I get depressed.  I hate the cold, and I despise the snow.  Today we are getting our first really bad storm.  We got 4-5 inches a month or so ago (it was worse for the east end but luckily I'm on the west), but it melted pretty quickly and everything went back to normal.  Right now, parts of Long Island already have anywhere from 2 to 8 inches of snow, and the worst of the storm is yet to come.  There is a blizzard warning in effect until 6 a.m. tomorrow morning.  Thankfully my office closed today, but I am already concerned about what the roads are going to be like tomorrow morning if the snow doesn't end 'till daybreak.  *sigh*

I want out of New York, but unfortunately my boyfriend doesn't want to leave.  We've been dating for a little over three years and we just finally moved in together two months ago.  Not to mention my whole family is here, my friends and everything I know.  I've lived in the same town for my entire life, I never even flew on a plane until two years ago when I finally went to Florida (which I loved).  But I've had enough of this weather.  I hate it.  I want to sit outside and be warm, feel the sun shining on my face.  I want to be able to walk my dog without having to wear a coat and gloves.  I just can't stand the winters here anymore.  Not to mention, where the f*ck is this global warming they've been bitching about for years?  Cuz it sure as hell aint in New York.  (I tend to use bad grammar when I'm angry.)

I hope this is the only big storm of the winter.  They are projecting 8 - 14+ at the moment.  I don't ever want to see that much snow, and if I have to see it today then once had better be enough.  I am cold and sad and tired, and I'm sick of it. 

Winter, you F*CKING SUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: