Remember my lofty goal of getting 5,000 words written this past weekend? Well, take off one of those zeros and you’ll be a lot closer to the amount I actually wrote. I wrote 486 words of a new chapter, and then I did a little editing of the last few chapters I had worked on (my chapters are very short b/c each one is in a different POV – odd numbers in my FMC’s and even numbers in my MMC’s). So I might’ve written a little more than 500, but I also deleted a few things here and there so that could’ve brought my total word count down a bit *sigh*
My new goal is to write at least an hour a day Mon - Fri, from 7-8 on weekdays (obviously if I have to do something during that hour, I will have to reschedule the time) and try to get at least an hour total of writing done on the weekends. Hopefully with crappy weather weekends I’ll get more done, to make up for weekends that I’m at bbqs or whatever else. I told Mike about it, and I told him to make sure I stick to it. Hopefully he will help.
I also have a non-writing goal, one I’ve had for months but haven’t stuck to at all – losing weight! My cholesterol is 240 or so (I can’t remember the exact number) and I am 30-40 pounds overweight (I haven’t weighed myself in months but I know that half my clothes are becoming too tight on me and that is NOT good). So I need to start eating better like now. I wanted to start getting up earlier this morning to do a little exercise, but I slept like sh*t last night cuz it was hot in the bedroom even with the a/c on. So I’m gonna attempt to do a little after work, maybe I’ll pop on one of my many exercise videos lol.
How bout you guys? Did you have a good weekend, writing-wise or otherwise? Have you been keeping up with the goals you’ve set for yourself? If not, are you beating yourself up over it?
1 comment:
We're in the same boat...only I don't know what my cholesterol is because I haven't gone down to get it checked (I have the paperwork to take to the lab, but they don't take appointments so I have no incentive to get off my hiney)
I also have about 40 pounds I'd like to dismiss...if you need a friendly ear, send me a mail!
Post a Comment