This Monday night, my friend and I went to see a psychic. It was my third time seeing one, and I was a little nervous. I’m very shy around total strangers for one. Then there's the fact that I was going to listen to someone I'd never met tell me things that may (or may not) happen to me in the future. It’s kinda freaky, if you believe. And I’m not saying I believe that all psychics are right about everything they tell you. Obviously some psychics are full of sh*t, and have their manipulative ways to figure out what the right things to tell you are.
I do believe that some people have a power, though. A sixth sense maybe. They can’t predict the winning lotto numbers (or there’d be a hell of a lot more rich psychics out there!), but they can get a feeling for future events. That’s just my opinion of course. I know many people have many different thoughts about psychics, but fortunately that’s not what this post is about lol.
The psychic told me a lot of things on Monday night that really rang true. He mentioned my financial trouble. (Yes, I know the economy sucks and almost everyone is having financial trouble now. But I have over 10k in credit card debt, which not everyone else can say.) He said starting next year things will get better and I’ll slowly start to claw my way out of it (fingers crossed). He told me that he sees a lot of doors opening for me in the next few months. He said I have a lot of things going on that I need to focus on.
He told me I have a big decision to make soon regarding my career. (For those who don’t know, I was laid off from my job at the end of July. I’m still unemployed. I did some research into freelance writing full-time, but I don’t think it’s for me. Now I need to teach myself Quickbooks so I can hopefully get a job in bookkeeping, b/c I don’t want to go back to being a lowly administrative assistant.) He also said that he sees angels watching over me (that part I’m not so sure about but who knows).
The best part of this, of course, was that he said my writing is going to work out. He said he could see me at a book signing. He asked how old I was (32) and he said he thinks I will be either 35 or 37. He described the cover of my book to me – black with swirls (like dust swirls from rings around planets) and a big red star right in the middle. He also said he saw me writing paranormal and sci-fi, and I admitted I am working on a sci-fi romance at the moment. Pretty freaking cool.
So whaddya you guys think? Think there might be a spark of truth to what he told me? Or do you think he was full of dog crap? If any of you reading this have been to a psychic before, I’d love to hear what you thought of it. (Even if you hated it and felt the person was a total rip off.) Let me know your thoughts!
5 comments:
I haven't been to a psychic in years. I usually have my tarot cards read. Some have a gift, but there are far more scam artists. The 'trick' is to not say anything that might give a scam artist more to work with.
Hoping he's right as it sounds like a fairly positive reading!
Hi Meghan,
I think there are people out there who have a definitive ability to see more than others. What that is or looks like, who knows.
In any case, since I don't have another way to contact you -- check the Happy Endings blog. You've won an autographed book by Veronica Wolff! So email me at writer @ jeannieruesch dot com with your mailing address, and I'll send it off. :)
Maybe a tiny bit of good news your way.
~ Jeannie
He did something with tarot cards too. I'm not exactly sure what the difference is between having a psychic reading done, or having a tarot card reading. I have a feeling they're pretty similar tho ;-)
I had my palm read once about eight years ago. She asked me if I was an author and I said no.
She said I was going to be published in the next few years.
I laughed because up until that time I had never even considered writing.
Guess I shouldn't have laughed. :)
WOW Maria that's so awesome! I wonder if she gave your sub-concious a push in the right direction? ;-)
Post a Comment