Moving in the middle of November was the absolute worst thing that could've happened to my nanowrimo. Packing took up way too much of my time. It utterly killed my story flow. Also not helpful was the cold I got the day after moving - which, btw, I still have!!!! I've been sick for 2 weeks now and it's driving me nuts! Trying to write and unpack while continually coughing and blowing your nose is hell. The basement apartment I'm in now is very condusive to sleep, which means I've been getting up later and later these past few weeks (which means less time for writing!). Oh, and I (temporarily) jumped off the Weight Watchers wagon after we moved as well!
I plan to get things moving in the right direction again starting tomorrow (technically "today" I guess since it's after midnight ;-). No more letting myself sleep 'till 10 or 11 every morning. I want to start getting up by 8-8:30 (on the weekdays - weekends I'll let myself sleep in). Tomorrow I'm gonna ease my way back into it by setting my alarm for 9 am. I'm also going back to WW with my friend on Tuesday, so I gotta get back on the ball with eating right starting when I wake up on Wed. I need to start exercising b/c I am way too lazy and out of shape. And, of course, I need to get more writing done. Less social networking, blog reading, etc., and more actual writing.
How do you get yourself back on track after being off it for a while? Do you lack motivation sometimes (a lot of times)? What gets you going again?
'Till next time...! :)
3 comments:
Whoot whoot.... You can still finish your novel just because it is the end of November does not mean you can't finish it in December.... I am with you I have to edit if I can pull out the end of mine.. So we can tag team..... I am here for you.
Sharon
Moving can suck the life out of anyone. Thank goodness we don't do it that often.
I usually give myself a little goal to get me motivated again. Maybe a reward for reaching that goal.
Sharon - I am still working on my story, it just wont be a nanowrimo story. My goal is to finish it by Jan 1, but it'll be tough
Maria - yes moving is killer, esp when moving from a bigger to a smaller place... I need to work on setting smaller, more manageable goals instead of just saying "I want to finish this ms by Jan 1st" (like I did above LOL) :)
Post a Comment